Camera Ready Instructions
Submission window is closed. View accepted papers.
Please do not submit your final papers nor copyright forms through EDAS. We do not collect them via EDAS.
Camera-Ready and Copyright Submission Link: https://ieeecps.org/#!/auth/login?ak=1&pid=2BeAcRy79epz0vPtp8Yc9B
For the accepted papers to be included in the proceedings, the camera-ready version must be submitted using the recommended format (see below). The final PDF has to conform to the requirements for publishing on IEEE Xplore. The submission link will take you to the verification tools provided by IEEE.
In addition, the IEEE copyright form has to be submitted through the same website. At least one author of the paper must register for the conference at full rate. The registration must cover any over-length page charge.
All the steps listed above must be completed by May
10 15, 2023 (AoE timezone).
Please note that we will not be able to include your paper in the conference proceedings or IEEE Xplore if you do not follow the instructions below. The conference organizers also reserve the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if it is not presented at the conference.
Preparation for the Camera-Ready
The paper should use the IEEE manuscript templates for conference proceedings. Make sure to use the conference mode of the template.
LaTeX users should use the conference option of the IEEEtran document class. Refer to the template documentation for additional information.
Paper Page Limit Policy
Paper submissions must be no longer than:
- Research papers: 8 pages
- Workshop papers: 6 pages
- WIP/Demo/Poster papers: 3 pages
- Industry papers: 8 pages
- PhD Forum papers: 2 pages
Note that the page count limit includes the references list.
Extra pages are allowed as follows:
- For Research papers: 2 extra pages are allowed, with a 100 USD/page overlength charge.
- For WIP/Demo/Poster papers and PhD Forum papers: 1 extra page is allowed, with a 100 USD/page overlength charge.
Authors will be asked to fill out their copyright consent when uploading the camera-ready paper using the link at the top of the page.
Shameek Bhattacharjee (Western Michigan University, USA)
Cheng-Hsin Hsu (National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan)
How to Submit Your Accepted Paper
1. Go to the Author Paper Submission Site (https://ieeecps.org/#!/auth/login?ak=1&pid=2BeAcRy79epz0vPtp8Yc9B)
2. Sign in with your IEEE CPS account. Note that this is different from your IEEE or IEEE CS account. If you have never submitted camera-ready papers through this website, please sign up for a new account
3. Find SMARTCOMP 2023 and click on Begin Paper Submission
4. On the left pane, you will find two pages (at the bottom) related to formatting and checking your final CR. Please first verify you apply the latest IEEE template. Note that, unlike ACM, you do not need to include a copyright text/bibstrip. We will stamp them for you. Please also don't add page numbers. We will add them as well.
5. After that, please check out paper validation, and select the last option, which is the PDF eXpress. PDF eXpress is a service provided by IEEE. Once you have a camera-ready candidate, please follow the instruction to upload the pdf to IEEE PDF eXpress website to get your PDF stamped for IEEE eXplore compatible. Only by then, you can upload the stamped PDF to the submission system.
6. Once you are done, click on Next at the upper right corner.
7. Please put your paper details. See the below image for some hints, e.g., remember to capitalize your titles for consistency. Once you are done, please click on Next, also at the upper right corner.
8. Please provide the information of all the authors. Notice that, the authors list MUST be consistent with that in the EDAS during submission. Please contact the chairs of technical tracks in advance if this is not the case, or your paper will not be included in the proceedings. We also ask you to provide ORCID IDs of all authors. Once you are done, please click on Next at the upper right corner.
9. You can now upload your stamped (PDF eXpress validated) PDF file. Note that, while the webpage says "source file", it means PDF file. Click on Next once you are done.
10. On the next page, you would see instructions on submitting IEEE Copyright form. Click on the link at the bottom of that page, which will take you to a different website (https://ecopyright.ieee.org/ECTT/IntroPage.jsp).
11. Please complete the IEEE Copyright form following the steps on their website.
12. Once you complete the copyright form, you are done. The publication chairs will validate the production materials and contact you if needed. Most common issues in the past years include:
- Titles that are not properly capitalized
- Different author list
- Author lists not following IEEE format
- Incorrect paper size or margin
- Overlength submission