Call for Tutorials (Download PDF)
SMARTCOMP is the premier IEEE conference on smart computing. Smart computing is based on the synergistic combination of advances in Sensor-based technologies, the Internet of Things (IoT), Cyber-Physical Systems, Edge and cloud computing, Big Data analytics, Cognitive Computing, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
The IEEE SMARTCOMP 2023 Organizers invite proposals for tutorials. We will consider tutorials on any topic if highly relevant for the SMARTCOMP community. Tutorials should be of interest for a substantial part of the SMARTCOMP audience and represent a sufficiently mature area of research or a particular emerging topic. Topics include pervasive/ubiquitous computing, edge/cloud computing, software defined networking, sensor networks, decision making under uncertainty, IoT, big data analytics, security and privacy, social computing, cognitive computing, cyber-physical systems and their application and validation within smart computing environments (smart buildings, smart cities, smart grids, healthcare, precision agriculture and other innovations contributing to smart living).
The tutorial proposals should include::
- Title of the tutorial
- Short biography of the organizer(s)
- An extended abstract describing objectives, motivation and references of the tutorial. This will be included in the conference proceedings in case of acceptance.
- Timeliness, duration (e.g., 1.5h; 3h) and estimated audience
- An outline of the tutorial content, including its tentative schedule
- Pre-required environment (e.g., Virtual machine, PC characteristics, AWS account, etc. if necessary)
- If appropriate, a description of the past/relevant experience of the speaker(s) on the topic of the tutorial
Tutorials are generally organised on the last day of the conference.
Proposals should be submitted, no later than April 10, 2023, in PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line "SMARTCOMP 2023 Tutorial Proposal" .
Proposals will be evaluated based on the relevance for the SMARTCOMP community, quality of the proposal and expertise of the presenters. If accepted, the tutorial organizers could provide tutorial materials that will be made available on a dedicated section of the main conference website. A call for participation will be disseminated by publicity chairs.
- Proposal submission: 10 April 2023
- Acceptance notification: 20 April 2023
- Camera-ready submission: 30June 2023
SMARTCOMP 2023 Tutorial Co-Chairs
- Franca Delmastro, IIT-CNR
- Hirozumi Yamaguchi, Osaka University, Japan